Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Up and Down, part 3

Up stumbled backwards and tripped over a rock, landing on his buttocks with his mouth agape. He stared, horrified up at the huge black bear that loomed above him.

"P-please," he stammered, "don't eat me."

"You've no need to worry about that," the bear growled in his low, rumbling voice. "I already ate the beast that those previously belonged too." He motioned with an intimidatingly large claw towards a pile of fur and two spiral horns that sat against the far wall of the cave. "However, if you stay too long, I can't make any promises."

"Th-thank y-you," Up said nervously, not quite believing the bear.

"Of course, my large-eared little friend. You may stay the night in my cave. For your sake, though, I'd avoid your being here for breakfast."

"I'll be sure to be gone by then. Thank you for your graciousness."

"It's the least I can do for a fellow adventurer." The bear turned slowly and lumbered back into the darkness of his cave. Up collapsed onto his back with a massive sigh. He laid there for a few minutes before finally standing up. He found a sharp, thin rock and went over to the remains of the mountain goat. Using the rock, he sliced a section of fur off. He scraped the blood and gut off of the inside of the skin. he picked it up and pulled the fur around him for warmth. He went back to where his pack and spears laid and quickly fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment